Open for private prayer
We are now open for individuals to enter and pray privately at the following times:
Church may also be open at other times.
Return of public worship: Low Mass on Sundays at 10.30am
It with delight that public worship has returned to St Bartholomew's following guidance from the government, the Church of England and the Diocese. This is something which we will do very steadily and carefully and for the time being will have just a Sunday Low Mass at 10.30am.
While it is a cause for celebration that it will be possible once again to be together for the Mass please do not feel pressured to return. Some people continue to be under instructions to shield and others may simply lack the confidence at this stage to return to public worship. If you fall into either of those categories please do not worry and only do what you feel is safe and comfortable.
Until further notice please be aware of changes to the Sunday Mass and of some of our procedures in place for attending Mass to enable us to gather together as safely as possible. These include:
- Hand sanitiser should be used when entering and exiting church
- The norm for social distancing continues to be 2 metres
- Lavatories are not currently available in church but are available at Sainsbury’s
- Communal singing is prohibited and spoken responses should be made in a quiet voice, in order to minimise the risk of infection
- No collection will be taken and offerings should be placed in the ark
- The Peace will not be shared
- The Sacrament will be administered in silence (the response, ‘The Body of Christ. Amen.’ will be said communally before people come up for Communion)
- Communicants are encouraged to sanitise their hands before receiving the Sacrament
- Communion will be administered at the bottom step with people queuing in single file in the central aisle and maintaining social distancing (please return to your place via the side aisles)
- Those receiving the Sacrament must receive in the hand. Each member of the congregation is also welcome to remain in their place or to come up for a Blessing
- Refreshments will not be served after Mass and people should not congregate in church after Mass
- People are asked to take away their orders of service with them when they leave church.
Keeping in touch and those who are isolated at home
If you are in a high risk group or currently self-isolating please do keep in touch with us. Fr Ben will be pleased to hear from you and to assist you in whatever way he can. If you are in need of support of any kind or know of others in need then please do let him know and he will endeavour to help you. His contact details are:
01903 694 827 (or 01273 620 491) or email