Private prayer & visiting
We are open for individuals to visit at the following times:
Church may also be open at other times.
Mass is celebrated on every day of the week (with the exception of Friday) at the following times:
It with delight that public worship has returned to St Bartholomew's following guidance from the government, the Church of England and the Diocese.
While it is a cause for celebration that it is be possible to be together for the Mass please do not feel pressured to return. Some people are in high risk groups while others may simply lack the confidence at this stage to return to public worship. If you fall into either of those categories please do not worry and only do what you feel is safe and comfortable.
Until further notice please be aware of changes to the Sunday Mass and of some of our procedures in place for attending Mass to enable us to gather together as safely as possible. These include:
- The wearing of face coverings
- Hand sanitiser should be used when entering and exiting church
- The norm for social distancing continues to be 2 metres
- Lavatories are not currently available in church but are available at Sainsbury’s
- Communal singing is prohibited and spoken responses should be made in a quiet voice, in order to minimise the risk of infection
- No collection will be taken and offerings should be placed in the ark
- The Peace will not be shared
- The Sacrament will be administered in silence (the response, ‘The Body of Christ. Amen.’ will be said communally before people come up for Communion)
- Communicants are encouraged to sanitise their hands before receiving the Sacrament
- Communion will be administered at the bottom step with people queuing in single file in the central aisle and maintaining social distancing (please return to your place via the side aisles)
- Those receiving the Sacrament must receive in the hand. Each member of the congregation is also welcome to remain in their place or to come up for a Blessing
- Refreshments will not be served after Mass and people should not congregate in church after Mass
- People are asked to take away their orders of service with them when they leave church.