We take safeguarding very seriously at St Bartholomew's and the Parochial Church Council (the PCC) has complied with section 5 of the Safeguarding and Clergy Discipline Measure 2016 (duty to have due regard
to the House of Bishops' guidance on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults).
This is our Safeguarding Policy Statement as discussed and approved by the PCC:
Parish of St Bartholomew Brighton
- As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
- We recognise that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
- We are committed to implementing all safeguarding policies and practice guidance issued by the House of Bishops
- We will carefully select and train all those who work or volunteer in positions of trust. We will use the Disclosure and Barring Service, amongst other tools, to check the background of each person.
- We will respond, without delay, to every concern made that a person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- We will co-operate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
- We will seek to ensure that anyone for whom we have pastoral responsibility who has suffered abuse is offered support that meets their needs.
- We will respond appropriately to those who have committed sexual offences who wish to join our fellowship, following House of Bishops' guidance and the advice of the Safeguarding Team.
- We will review this policy annually and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date.
Our Safeguarding Representative is:
St Bartholomew's Church
BN1 4GP Telephone: 07932 315387 Email: click here to email
Useful links that could be of help:
If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team,
please click on this link.
If you are an adult and you need to access support about
something that is happening to you, please click on this link to find out
how you can do that. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations
for you to contact. https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/Ihavebeenabused/
If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about
things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you the Childline
or telephone Childline on 0800 1111
If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the
statutory authorities in Sussex,
please click on this link, click on
the option on the left that most describes the situation
you are concerned
about, and follow the advice and further links you find there. Please remember
to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well once you have